Tuesday, June 9, 2009

being a mum..

Well if it wasnt enough to be scared most of the way through the pregnancy.. the realisation that i was going to be a mum still hadnt yet kicked in until after baby challum was born.. He came into this world on 31 march 2009.. and he was 6 pounds 3 ounces.. i am happy to say that he is now 10 weeks old.. although currently sick.. but other then that he is a healthy and happy baby who is very spoilt.. although his father is not in the picture, i believe that he will still be a normal well balanced kid, who will probably suffer from only child syndrome... lol.. Myself am still suffering from the effects of labour and birth.. i currently have an inflamed lower back, my hips are twisted and even my shoulders are out of place.. ha ha ha.. but all in due time they will be back to normal with a bit of tweaking from my chiro.. On the home front.. i am living with mum again/still.. am dreaming of moving back to townsville.. currently work for myself.. oh the joys of life.. am happy to have a sister like mine who will graciously take challum (aka cj, bubs, bubba) for me to give me a rest.. i have recently just come back from townsville from a 2 week holiday/introducing bubs to the family.. is probably why im missing it so much.. that and the warm weather.. im not much of a winter person.. cold and wet just doesnt float my boat.. since being back here i have met some great people and cherish there friendship.. not to mention catching up with old friends from the past.. I still how ever suffer from depression.. but am happy to say that i am back on my anti-depressents which work wonders on the best of days.. these days i am dreaming about finding a nice, sincere guy and settling down.. but like i said.. i dream.. ha ha ha..

since being a mum though, i have learnt that the love you have for your child is unconditional.. there is definately no other feeling like it.. he makes me smile constantly and lights up my face when he smiles at me. I hope that i can provide him with his needs and wants through out his life..

No comments: